Access to accurate and up-to-date weather forecast information is essential for safety at sea for all mariners. Towards this end, NavSim introduced a service that allows customers to obtain valuable weather information and display the information right in Meridian and NavSim’s PPU! The NavSim Weather Service is based on GFS model and covers the whole world. Weather forecasts are updated every six hours.
Weather files in GRIB and GRIB2 format for predefined regions are downloaded from NavSim’s website and can then be shown in NavCruiser PRO. As well, custom weather regions can be defined by the user by selecting a rectangular region on the chart itself.
Weather can be shown by region and the user can select what weather feature to display using the Weather Toolbar. The user selects the GRIB file corresponding to the region and can then control the display of the the following weather information types:
- Wind Barbs
- Wind Beaufort Scale
- Pressure Values
- Pressure Isobars
- Precipitation Values
- Cloud Cover
- Temperature Values
- Friendly Forecast
- Isobars and Barbs
Weather information is available for any route waypoints that are within an imported weather region. The weather information displayed will be the weather forecast for the time anticipated for each waypoint.
Single Weather Point
Current weather information can also be shown for a single point.
Search the site
- ~ Pacific Northwest Harbor Pilot
"As a harbor pilot in the Pacific Northwest, I was looking for a reliable and flexible navigational software. After examining the major brands in use I chose NavCruiser Pro. The capability to select the data fields that I wanted to see and to set them up in any particular display screen that I could choose set NavCruiser apart from the competition. Whether it was a tabbed screen for transit mode or final approach to an anchorage, NavCruiser Pro was easily customized to display what I needed to see. I found great value in the playback mode to review a job with a trainee pilot and for self-evaluation and improvement. Ed Marmol Pacific Northwest Harbor Pilot"
- Read more testimonials »
Latest Tweets From NavSim
- Hello World! We have arrived on Twitter. 2 years ago
- NavSim Pilot 3.0 PPU (Portable Pilot Unit) features a pilot optimized version of NavSim’s popular NavCruiser PRO 3.0. navsimpilot.com/?page_id=17 2 years ago
- New training section of our site for PPU System users was released today navsim.com/usersection/tr… 2 years ago
- We’ve re-launched our official website today. Check it out at navsim.com. 2 years ago
- NavSim Equips Great Lakes Pilots with Next-Generation Portable Piloting Systems navsim.com/about-navsim-t… 2 years ago