NOAA Tides & Currents
The Tides and Currents module for Meridian and available with NavSim PPU provides a selectable interface that displays NOAA tides and currents information for the United States and areas. Tides After a user has selected their region and has loaded the tidal data, graphical tide icons display on the chart. The tide icons have a numerical indicator of the tide height as well as a “T” icon depicting a ruler on the right side. Double-clicking on a tide icon displays a property page containing further information and more detailed tidal predictions.
After a user has selected their region in the NOAA region and load the “Currents” data, graphical arrow indicator icons display on the cart in areas of current activity. The size of the arrow can quickly indicate the magnitude of the tide as well as direction based on the arrow direction. Further information on the current prediction is accessed from these icons to show:
- the current station properties
- further information on ebb/flood direction and speed
- a graphical indication of the current trend for a 24 hour period
A weekly forecast as well as further information on the current predictions can be called up from the dialog that appears.
Search the site
- ~ Steve Webster, Mississauga, Canada
"...One very notable difference is the technology in Navsim's products. They use the very latest software development tools from Microsoft, and everything just works so much better on my PC - screen manipulation of charts for example is MUCH faster than any tool I'd used before. Zooming in and out of charts, dragging charts around, rotating them etc iss just much better in this product. I am also an aviator, and the software works well both on the water and in the as well as the standard BSB charts. It has all sorts of useful for configuring screen displays, fuel cost analysis for trips based upon fuel burn profiles, and supports a bunch of different input devices beyond just a GPS and Autopilot. Another really awesome feature is the ability to drag and drop any documents on to the charts and annotate the charts with things like photos or cruise notes (which I do with aerial photos). It really is a stellar product. Navsim has a small, top notch software development team that responds to customer input! Many of the aviation-specific suggestions I submitted actually found their way into the product! I have shown it to a number of fellow boaters in my marina and many of them have adopted NavSim software as well now."
- Read more testimonials »
Latest Tweets From NavSim
- Hello World! We have arrived on Twitter. 3 years ago
- NavSim Pilot 3.0 PPU (Portable Pilot Unit) features a pilot optimized version of NavSim’s popular NavCruiser PRO 3.0. navsimpilot.com/?page_id=17 3 years ago
- New training section of our site for PPU System users was released today navsim.com/usersection/tr… 3 years ago
- We’ve re-launched our official website today. Check it out at navsim.com. 3 years ago
- NavSim Equips Great Lakes Pilots with Next-Generation Portable Piloting Systems navsim.com/about-navsim-t… 3 years ago