NOAA Tides & Currents
The Tides and Currents module for Meridian and available with NavSim PPU provides a selectable interface that displays NOAA tides and currents information for the United States and areas. Tides After a user has selected their region and has loaded the tidal data, graphical tide icons display on the chart. The tide icons have a numerical indicator of the tide height as well as a “T” icon depicting a ruler on the right side. Double-clicking on a tide icon displays a property page containing further information and more detailed tidal predictions.
After a user has selected their region in the NOAA region and load the “Currents” data, graphical arrow indicator icons display on the cart in areas of current activity. The size of the arrow can quickly indicate the magnitude of the tide as well as direction based on the arrow direction. Further information on the current prediction is accessed from these icons to show:
- the current station properties
- further information on ebb/flood direction and speed
- a graphical indication of the current trend for a 24 hour period
A weekly forecast as well as further information on the current predictions can be called up from the dialog that appears.
Search the site
- ~ Captain Andrew St. Germain
"NavSim's navigation software was one of the easiest software to master. The user friendly menus make the task of setting up waypoints and routes a breeze. The configuration for the GPS or DGPS took less than a couple of minutes and I was up and running. The clarity of nautical charts when zooming in was fabulous. The software has a lot of great features which makes GPS navigation fun, be it on land or water. This software is so easy to use that it will have the technical support team waiting for the phone to ring like the May-Tag repair man. ... "
- Read more testimonials »
Latest Tweets From NavSim
- Hello World! We have arrived on Twitter. 3 years ago
- NavSim Pilot 3.0 PPU (Portable Pilot Unit) features a pilot optimized version of NavSim’s popular NavCruiser PRO 3.0. navsimpilot.com/?page_id=17 3 years ago
- New training section of our site for PPU System users was released today navsim.com/usersection/tr… 3 years ago
- We’ve re-launched our official website today. Check it out at navsim.com. 3 years ago
- NavSim Equips Great Lakes Pilots with Next-Generation Portable Piloting Systems navsim.com/about-navsim-t… 3 years ago