About NavSim Technology
NavSim Technology Inc. (NavSim™) is an innovative software and hardware R&D firm focused on electronic navigation solutions for both land and marine applications. NavSim™ was founded in 2002 as a spin-off from the National Research Council’s Institute for Marine Dynamics, now known as the Institute for Ocean Technology (IOT). A private company, NavSim™ was formed by Piotr Waclawek, Ph.D. a former NRC senior research scientist specializing in marine hydrodynamics and naval architecture. NavSim™ headquarters and development team are located in St. John’s, Newfoundland, employing a team of enthusiastic and creative individuals.
Founder: Dr. Piotr Waclawek NavSim™ Founder and Creator of BoatCruiser. A leader in the field of marine engineering, Dr. Waclawek was internationally recognized for his work on the numerical modelling of ship hydrodynamics, the application of wavelets analysis in digital signal processing, and the integration of neural network and fuzzy logic in ship control and parameter estimation. He held a PhD in Technical Science, specializing in Naval Hydromechanics and a Master of Science in Naval Architecture from the Wroclaw University of Technology. Dr. Waclawek served as NavSim’s President and CEO from 2001 until his untimely passing in January 2010.
NavSim Technology Inc. P. O. Box 12093 Arctic Avenue St. John’s NL A1B 3T5 Canada Fax: (709) 726-7789
Located in Bolesławiec, Poland, NavSim’s Polish office handles products for recreational market, satellite communication products, and are the developers of NaviWeather. For more details please visit our recreational site here.
Search the site
- ~ British Columbia Coast Pilots Technical Committee
"We chose NavCruiser PRO because of the software's ease of use and NavSim's willingness to adapt and develop their software to meet our needs. This already powerful software with automatic updating ability is now being used in our Pilotage district. The software's flexibility enables it to meet our varied needs and the development work they completed for us exceed the technical committee's expectations. - Captain Kevin Vail Chair, BC Coast Pilots Technical Committee"
- Read more testimonials »
Latest Tweets From NavSim
- Hello World! We have arrived on Twitter. 3 years ago
- NavSim Pilot 3.0 PPU (Portable Pilot Unit) features a pilot optimized version of NavSim’s popular NavCruiser PRO 3.0. navsimpilot.com/?page_id=17 3 years ago
- New training section of our site for PPU System users was released today navsim.com/usersection/tr… 2 years ago
- We’ve re-launched our official website today. Check it out at navsim.com. 3 years ago
- NavSim Equips Great Lakes Pilots with Next-Generation Portable Piloting Systems navsim.com/about-navsim-t… 2 years ago